Wednesday, April 4, 2007

To begin

It's now time to begin the writing portion of my final research paper. Typically I have been told that the writer is not suppose to have their input on the writing. However, in this paper it is necessary. I will argue my position on Granholm's new scholarship while providing both sides and the people in the middles opinion. My thesis will be something along the lines of "The new scholarship Governor Granholm has proposed to take the place of the MEAP scholarship needs to be redeveloped and restructured to have a greater emphasis on grades." I like the idea of her scholarship. But at the same time there are things I don't agree with. For example, I understand why she wants to wait two years before handing them out, but at the same time when I began college that scholarship was like a treat that my years in high school paid for. I will ask some people in my graduating class what they think and some kids still in high school about how they will be affected. It would be awesome if I could write Governor Granholm an e-mail. But i highly doubt I would get a response back because she is so busy. Time to begin.

2 comments:

impervious2581 said...

I would say not too stop at just the students. If possible, and I know time would be running short, you should try to talk to administers or teachers to see what they think.

Mike Guerreso said...

I think that you have a good topic. I like the thesis and it sounds like you are concerned about the issue, which is very important. Like the previous person, I think that if there is anyway you could get a teacher's perspective that would add a great amount of credibility. Looks like you have a pretty good start.